Jonesered 2036

Ricko

Checked fuel flow by gently sucking on fuel delivery pipe, fuel rose in the tube with little effort, so I reckon the fuel filter is ok.

I took the carb off to access the induction tube, I removed it and checked for splits, seems fine, no splits, tight fit on fitting. The small orange seal (impulse seal?) seemed intact and not damaged.

I've ordered a new carb gasket to rule that out, the old one was looking a bit frayed after constantly taking the carb on and off.

Still only runs on choke, but on the plus side it starts really well!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know what you mean Spud, the cable setup can be a bit awkward on the small Jonsered saws I had trouble with my 2045 trying to get the cable in properly.

I double checked the throttle, I can hear it opening and closing and its activating the choke shut off.

Hello,

Worth a check to see if the carb has been assembled correctly - might have been assembled wrong before you got it ?

Just thinking, using choke you are pulling the fuel through the carb with the depression of the induction stroke. .... Off choke you are reliant on the pump in the carb and the metering chamber working correctly.

I had the same problem, had me stumped for a bit, found the metering chamber diaphragm upside down, so it didn't open the metering valve. Sadly, it was a self induced problem :blushing:

Good luck.

bmp01

I'll check that bmp01, I only reassembled it as per I dismantled it, someone else could have messed it up. I'll get an exploded diagram up on the screen tomorrow and check it.

Come on then, spill the beans, what was wrong with it ? Or have you been distracted with tuning your other saws :001_tt2:

Let's us know. ..:001_smile:

bmp01

Hi bmp01

The a Partner distracted me!!

I'm going to take the pot off at the weekend. When I looked through the exhaust port there were some marks on the piston skirt, probably worse than I was thinking. I reckon it needs a new piston.

All shall be revealed!

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...