Echo cs501sx siezed!

Chris Day

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have thought it should be set right from the factory not need to be retuned

There are a lot of factors that influence how the carb should be set, so if a "factory setting" is correct where and when the saw is sold, it is pure luck.

The dealer has to retune the saw at the point of sale, and the owner needs to retune as conditions (temp, air pressure, humidity and fuel) change.

The alternative is AutoTune.

well to sound like a **** im sure the factory set would be to location there being sent to be sold at. its not like they say hey pick 10 random saws up and send them to the uk. and on another note i bought a echo cs330t from north carolina usa 7 years back and i never have tuned it not even once never had any problem from it

well to sound like a **** im sure the factory set would be to location there being sent to be sold at. its not like they say hey pick 10 random saws up and send them to the uk. and on another note i bought a echo cs330t from north carolina usa 7 years back and i never have tuned it not even once never had any problem from it

Maybe not, but it doesn't really help, as conditions vary locally, and even if you stay at the same spot.

i was wondering when sold, there set not to run at full throttle so to speak, to run in, then your meant to take back to dealer for service and they adjust to enable full running.

though having said that iv'e never taken mine back, or adjusted them, though might try on my crappy mitox (spare) piece of junk lol

i was wondering when sold, there set not to run at full throttle so to speak, to run in, then your meant to take back to dealer for service and they adjust to enable full running.

though having said that iv'e never taken mine back, or adjusted them, though might try on my crappy mitox (spare) piece of junk lol

Its not part or full throttle . You can always have WOT . its mixture settings on the H and L jets .

In early 80s I bought a husky 40 and they readjusted it after 20 hours--if I remember-They set rpm with tack.

Have no idea about todays saws.