Nhs

eggsarascal

We do have private health care in the UK, but it is expensive, and their is still a possibility that you could not be covered for specific treatments (depending on the small print of your policy) therefore you could still be waiting for an appointment or treatment at a NHS hospital. Another downfall of private medical care is that as soon as you reach the limits of your policy the care stops. Full stop. So for example If you were a cancer patient undergoing long term treatment and for whatever reason you reached the limit of your policy you would then go to the back of the queue in the NHS system. There are also a lot of private healthcare patients treated at NHS hospitals because it generates revenue for the trust. From the patients point of view they are seen a lot quicker, operated on by a consultant as apposed to a junior grade, you get a private room but apart from that the remainder of your care is the same.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your link is some what squed and does not cover your subject matter.

That's ok. I was not really expecting anything less.

easy-lift guy

I did not read the full articles but it's from us based media.

How does it not cover my subject matter? I said people can't afford health care those links say the same(at least on the surface!)

How is it squed?

Or is the healthcare the best in the same way the gun laws help protect people?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Sadly your knowledge of my countries health care system and how medical care is administered and delivered is all wrong and untrue, except curious george care provision for pre existing conditions. I really can't expect you to understand my countries health care system based on your sources of information that your generating your opinion.

My opinion is based on facts and the fact that I am a US citizen born and raised.

easy-lift guy

So is it true or not that people can find themselves a bit stuck when they find their insurance doesn't cover the costs. Ie you take out some basic medical insurance only to find you have some disease that it didn't cover or your insurance premium goes up because you have already had a dose of something nasty?

If that's true then the nhs is a far better system, don't forget you can always pay for private health care here as well.

The use of capital letters to signify a brand would help.

But as English (presumably) isn't your first language, no biggy.

A googling will reveal Curious George is a reference to Obama, a cartoon monkey.

Stay classy Ted.

Presume as you wish. Lower case for the size of the cartoon character. Since the cartoon character is an American Icon I actually can not expect you to understand the meaning or reference.

easy-lift guy

I did not read the full articles but it's from us based media.

How does it not cover my subject matter? I said people can't afford health care those links say the same(at least on the surface!)

How is it squed?

Or is the healthcare the best in the same way the gun laws help protect people?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

It's squed because it leaves out many important matters that are not included.

My countries gun laws once again have served my countries needs both foreign and domestic for over 200 years, and also served and protected your country through two world wars. You could waste your time about my countries gun laws if you want to, just don't bother with me.

easy-lift guy

If you can't be bothered at 53 you can't be bothered at all. My benefit really has nothing to do with your understanding of my point of view.

easy-lift guy

Obama/Curious George T-Shirt Draws Protests

Here's the Washington Post's reporting on an aspect of the CG/Obama thing.

Let's be honest Ted, it's clear what your point of view is, Tony Sorensen (late of this parish and much missed) pulled you up on this a good while back, but obviously it gives you such a buzz to write it you brought it out again.