hydraulic chainsaw log cutter

David Riding

I searched for the same thing Dave, nobody makes one. I was going to build one from an old harvester head.

You could however use a Patu 3 point linkage stroke delimber - Would work ideal for cross cutting, and runs off a tractor PTO. I have modified them with a 24" bar and chain before, VERY quick and would also advance the log .

delimber.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you need a standalone unit, or can you power the hydraulics off something?

Someone must have a knackered processor you could cannibalise the cross cutting unit from.

Reckon Ed would be the man to ask.

And yes, my life would be muchos enriched if I could listen to the goings on in Ambridge rather than bloody noise all day!

i am lost, you just want a hydraulic saw for cutting it so its is a lower risk than a guy with a saw but you will let him split the logs with a machine? do you want to split the logs?

Yeah I think you are :001_tongue: Im looking for something just like the one Ed posted, to cut timber up to say 20 inches. I was just wondering if there was a product that would be like a tct log saw but with a hydrualic chainsaw and then use splitter after. The risk was mentioned in relation to making my own and letting staff use it nothing to do with splitting, sawing and cutting on branded product. I could easily make one with the assistance of my ag engineer but I could not let staff use it only myself.

Edited by David Riding

gotcha, but unless its secon hand then it is all fortunes, and even second hand stuff is really hard to get your hands on just now. You will need a crane aswell then mate, so before you know it you will be spending a fortune anyway. just buy a new one.:biggrin:

I have a crane, Im just thinking of a way to do firewood with ARBWASTE up to 20 inches without massive processor.

get a log cracker then or a big log splitter, break it down to 6 foot lenghts to dry then just cut it up with a small saw

yeah I could get a cracker my mate has 1 I can borrow and hes only 4 miles away, I was just interested in other ways to process :thumbup1:

As you know crackers are awkard to use to split stuff under 8 inches. I would be happier leaving my lads with thing Ed posted than all kit required for cracker

As you know crackers are awkard to use to split stuff under 8 inches. I would be happier leaving my lads with thing Ed posted than all kit required for cracker

The problem then tho David is that you would then have to put your operatives through a processor operators course as thats what they would be using.