Which Chipper??

Stuart Witt

Cheers Ed. I don`t get why no-one else uses them. (But then I don`t know why everyone slags off the Willans harness.)

I once had a chipper that I didn`t understand how to look after. It proved very costly. Then it got nicked.

Now I look after my XL like family. I even put Evian in the radiator.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Ed. I don`t get why no-one else uses them. (But then I don`t know why everyone slags off the Willans harness.)

I once had a chipper that I didn`t understand how to look after. It proved very costly. Then it got nicked.

Now I look after my XL like family. I even put Evian in the radiator.

Nailer,do you find that the BC1000's air filter location makes it suseptable to damage when towing it onto site clearance jobs?

We also found that it clogged faster than most chippers,we did a fair bit of dead tree removal (lucky us) and the bark beetle killed spruce are very dusty when chipped.If you spend heaps of dosh on a large machine,it should come with at least a pre-cleaner you can keep an eye on during the day.

Went to an auction here last week,there was a BC1000 and 2x bandit 12" all had around 1500hrs and looked good,as it turned out the bc 1000 had a cracked drum and had been a nightmare according to the mechanic who serviced them all from new.

I personally like the trap door under the bottom roller on bandits,A month back we fed a short peice of chain with a padlock attached thru a 250XP while feeding it with an excavator,luckily it fell thru the bottom roller door.

Nailer,do you find that the BC1000's air filter location makes it suseptable to damage when towing it onto site clearance jobs?

sorry treebogan I don`t understand. Our air filter is at the front under the hood / cover. Is that right? We`ve not had problems with it clogging either.

What chipper are you using now?

sorry treebogan I don`t understand. Our air filter is at the front under the hood / cover. Is that right? We`ve not had problems with it clogging either./QUOTE]

The air filter on the BC1000 I used to work with was on the bottom side of the engine.You could take the end off the air filter housing without opening the bonnett¨.

What chipper are you using now?

Farmi CH160 PTO driven unit behind a Unimog