Does this sound like a good deal?

porangi

Yeah inguinal, have had it for far too long now & it's painful 24/7, even if I'm lay on the sofa. Been told it's another 3 months until the op but that will be when grass cutting starts again :-( when would you have felt up to pushing a self propelled mower about?

To the Op, sorry for the derail & just buy the bloody saw - everyone needs a 66! ;-)

Haha. I was about to say something and then thought I do it often enough. I think unless they look battered I will be buying one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah inguinal, have had it for far too long now & it's painful 24/7, even if I'm lay on the sofa. Been told it's another 3 months until the op but that will be when grass cutting starts again :-( when would you have felt up to pushing a self propelled mower about?

To the Op, sorry for the derail & just buy the bloody saw - everyone needs a 66! ;-)

I would have been alright walking behind the mower after three weeks but lifting it in and out of a van would have been a different matter. I would say 5 weeks was when I was getting back to normal, just the odd pulling sensation but now I am back to normal at about 10 weeks. I'm 64 and was putting up with it for the last 9 years because I got fed up of hospital when I had bladder cancer but like you it got too painful just a dull ache most of the time and was causing other problems (urinary :blushing: ) One side done(the most painful one) and now so much better. You'll know when you feel up to doing a bit, don't get impatient and undo the good work the surgeon puts in. Sorry for the derail as well but it's good to get these things sorted.

Back to the original post

Buy the saw and have fun with it on your Logosol.

I am always amazed how much people pay for 2nd hand 2 stroke chainsaws considering 2 minutes with the wrong mix in or badly tuned and your in for a £300 repair bill. For a second hand saw would need to be half of jones price or ex demo mint I would want a third off.

I am looking at exdemo merc sprinters year old with 700 miles on the clock and they are nearly half price.

Brand fire new with full warranty would be the way I would go. Saws are not fitted with hour meters so you have no idea how much work they have done. Most of my kit looks like new but some of it has done a lot of work just not thrown about.

How can you demo a saw for 20 hours? Seriously.

Got to agree with that, Some demo's to rack up 20 hrs. Our local dealer 's demo's are around 5/10 mins at most, usually a couple of "cookies" from a choice of log to suit bar/saw size if it has that length of run time, If it was me spending my cash I would ask for the muffler to be pulled to cast an eye over the piston/ring/s. How long is the warranty? full time as new saw would be, in which case I'd probably not bother with the muffler removal.

Got to agree with that, Some demo's to rack up 20 hrs. Our local dealer 's demo's are around 5/10 mins at most, usually a couple of "cookies" from a choice of log to suit bar/saw size if it has that length of run time, If it was me spending my cash I would ask for the muffler to be pulled to cast an eye over the piston/ring/s. How long is the warranty? full time as new saw would be, in which case I'd probably not bother with the muffler removal.

They get lent out some times as demo saws . 20 hrs is easily achievable .

Edited by Stubby

I am always amazed how much people pay for 2nd hand 2 stroke chainsaws considering 2 minutes with the wrong mix in or badly tuned and your in for a £300 repair bill. For a second hand saw would need to be half of jones price or ex demo mint I would want a third off.

I am looking at exdemo merc sprinters year old with 700 miles on the clock and they are nearly half price.

Brand fire new with full warranty would be the way I would go. Saws are not fitted with hour meters so you have no idea how much work they have done. Most of my kit looks like new but some of it has done a lot of work just not thrown about.

All Husqvarna A/T saws have in built hour meters . In fact it can tell you how long it has been at full revs and how long it has been at idle .

Well. I bought one anyway. Got 12 month warranty on it. Must admit it looked a bit more abused than I'd hoped for but it's also about the budget and amount I'm going to use it. Apparently they come from the Stihl sales guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You'll like it I'm sure, I got to use one today, almost new and belonged to the guy I was working for. I only used it for about an hour ringing up, 28" bar and didn't seem all that heavy but no doubt a full day would be a different matter.

Very nice saw indeed, started really easily from cold although being about 10 1/2 stone I had to use the de-comp. Once warmed it started 1st pull without de-comp. He also had an 066 on site, I assume it's just an older version?

Enjoy :thumbup1: