How much to quote

George Gorman

Its not the value that caused me and I would guess the others, who replied comments.. It's the thought that someone thinks its a days wage.

This is very true, if a customer questions why a price is higher than they expect I generally tell them the costs of insurance, fuel, stump grinder teeth replacement cost or whatever is relevant to the job. I know my weekly costs regardless if any jobs get done so it's factored in

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The customer is not interested in where your money goes! They are only interested in what they are spending! If £300-£350 for half a days work is not enough then **** I need a new accountant and some tips off you lot on how to become a millionaire!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Based on the £300 job above... After all expenses, I would be left with £120 ... That's not a sufficient amount for a days graft. For a team of two for a day with a truck & chipper we won't go for any less than £550.

Except it's half a days work 2 priced like that is £240 a day take home on your maths, £1200 a week haha if that's not enough the jeez!!

Ok different question what are you all happy with take home pay weekly?

Did you not see the part of the post I highlighted? I even increased the size to assist you :001_rolleyes:

Sent from my mansion in the Bahamas

I got it mate, wasn't the point I was getting at though.

It's a fair price for the work, providing you're reasonably productive and can do a couple of jobs like that a day.

I got it mate, wasn't the point I was getting at though.

---->It's a fair price for the work,<---- providing you're reasonably productive and can do a couple of jobs like that a day.

This!

Plus it's half a days work. IMO good money for half a day.