4x4 wheels and tyres

Maxnaggle

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really?!??!?! thats massive !!! wicked.

Just be aware by the time you have that size tyre in an AT on an unloaded pickup the breaking ability is some what dismal

I have 265 70 r15 yokohama geolanders on my ranger and i think there briliant i got them for 75 a tyre but since brexit there now 100 quid so may aswell go for bfg

Maxis have some good deals to

And i think if u want At or muds the range is equal for 15 or 16 inch rims its only road tyre options that are poor

Just be aware by the time you have that size tyre in an AT on an unloaded pickup the breaking ability is some what dismal

I have 265 70 r15 yokohama geolanders on my ranger and i think there briliant i got them for 75 a tyre but since brexit there now 100 quid so may aswell go for bfg

And i think if u want At or muds the range is equal for 15 or 16 inch rims its only road tyre options that are poor

how did you find the difference in size effected the truck ?

i think im going to get some cooper discoverers at3's and some 15 inch steels to go with - only do light off roading for access to jobs etc, plus spend a fair bit of time clattering around single track roads, so braking is pretty important...

thanks for the help

another my tyres are the best thread....

I have Good Year Wrangler Duratracs not very common in the UK but on a recent trip to the states they were on nearly every truck!!

All terrain pattern up the centre with wider mud style tread on the outer. Have been serving me proud for the past 25k miles and still going.

how did you find the difference in size effected the truck ?

i think im going to get some cooper discoverers at3's and some 15 inch steels to go with - only do light off roading for access to jobs etc, plus spend a fair bit of time clattering around single track roads, so braking is pretty important...

thanks for the help

All the time ive had the truck its been on them so i couldnt say the difference but the ground clearance is amazing

The brakes still stop you you just have to ease of especially in the wet when empty just takes that little bit further to stop but fine if driving at sensible speeds its just something to be aware of

Power wise a mk2 ranger has no problem spinning them and over the farm truck which is a mk2 with the newer engine but 23570 r 15 fitted it chucks you forward far faster and goes better with the extra radius in my opinion id go for the bigger tyres everytime and just drive sensibly

Is your truck standard in terms of ride height etc? Thanks