hey winch problem

Rich2484

Got a hydraulic winch that only winds in it free spools out but doesnt work out, taken the hyd motor Off and there is a toothed gear with a stop that means it locks for out now way to override it. Taken this out and it works both ways, what are the thoughts on leavin. This out and letting the spool block take the back pressure???

No one?

67 views and no one can tell me... 6t winch by the way. Hydraulic driven.

I know spool blocks will take in excess of 15t by agri ones on tractors and hold the pressure easily. It's the same type of spool block fitted to a Massey. So I guess it will take the strain. Only problem I guess would be if a pipe was to burst.

Nah this stop is factory fitted. Can't see why it would not be allowed to feed out on hydraulics. Have to free wheel, bit dangerous IMO.

Anyway removed the ratchet device today and pulled the truck, then pulled a fastrac. Both on slopes and it held fine. So if it pulls a 5t fastrac and itself (3.5t truck) and holds then I'm going to say it will pull trees over fine.

Nah this stop is factory fitted. Can't see why it would not be allowed to feed out on hydraulics. Have to free wheel, bit dangerous IMO.

Anyway removed the ratchet device today and pulled the truck, then pulled a fastrac. Both on slopes and it held fine. So if it pulls a 5t fastrac and itself (3.5t truck) and holds then I'm going to say it will pull trees over fine.

HI RICH we had problems today mate out with the LAND ROVER 110 SUPER WINCH H14 PTO DRIVE WE WERE PULLING A LARGE ASH LIMB OVER WE GROUND ANCOR OFF THE GROUND BUT IT KEPT PULLING OUT :lol::lol:BUT WE GOT IT IN THE END THANKS JON :thumbup: