Stihl 150 not oiling

Hats

I have a ms 150 top handle, recently stopped oiling, after reading things on here I put it down to the fact I use oregon bio oil, my next question is obviously stop using the oregon bio oil but instead of paying a lot for the stihl mineral oil can I use the oregon mineral oil. ??? Thanks lads

You should be able to use any oil as long as it's not a mix of the two.. I found my first 150 would regularly stop oiling and you would have to flush the tank with petrol and run it up until it pumped petrol through then it would be fine for a week or two.. How old is the saw?

I used to 50/50 mix bio with rape seed oil in the last 6 months of owning it to bring the cost of running bio oil down but still having some tacking agent for the bigger saws bars , I don't think I had any oil problems on the 150 until it got stolen thinking about it.

Ok interesting re the half rape half bio. Do you think that the lubrication is still sufficient ? I don't want to compromise bar life. Back to my 150. I have just spent the last hour in the garage stripping it down cleaning everything. Put it all back together correctly and still not oiling. Pump? Faulty? Arrggghhh

Did you try rinsing the oil reservoir with petrol then filling up with petrol after then start the saw reving it up with out bar on until you see it come out the oil hole? If it's not coming out after that it must be shot mate.

Re the oil it seemed to work fine , 150 bars wear very quick though from my experience.

Tbh mate I think it's shot. So annoying tempted by one of those new 193s. I know obviously I need to sort the pump/feed first but I do find the holes block a lot did you ever drill them a little bigger? The most annoying thing is the saws under warranty but honey bros didn't want to know because I ported the saw.

I was tempted as it went through a period of doing it twice a day at times but then it sorted it self out maybe because of the thinner oil.. Currently the one I'm using has ran with out any oil problems but I've heard it's not un common.

Mine was awful at oiling and the it got squashed by a tree! The result of that was having to buy a new body for it which is the oil, petrol tanks. After that it's been fine, so the problem couldn't have been with the pump because it didn't get changed.

I would take the pump out and blow down the lines back to the filter, take the filter off and blow the other way.