Big pine dismantle and fell with GRCS

martwizz

Another video, big tree, big bits :)

Learnt a few lessons from the last video I made. Tried to shorten it and focus on the big / cool bits. Also less fade in/out transitions.

Hope you guys like it!

Using the GRCS as a winch for felling is awesome.

Also, our arb trolley saved us so much hassle its unbelievable! So worth it :thumbup1:

Enjoy. :001_smile:

Firstly...Yep the Arbortrolley should be in Every tree teams armoury:thumbup1: it does the job of three or four men...it,s tried and tested...with solid tyres it,s bombproof......a secondly...That,s one RAW video there mate:thumbup1:...enjoyed that...it,s like a 70,s movie! COOL:thumbup: No Frills smash down...KABOOM!!

Good vid, thanks for posting, big tree expertly done.

Couple of questions; 1. what sort of pull can one generate with this device? 2 what was the size of the crane lorry?

The winch provides a 22:1 advantage in one direction, and a 44:1 in the other. I've used it to pop 250kg lumps off a step with ease, and we have lifted bits in excess of 1 tonne. The website says "It has a dead lift rating of 3,000 lb. and a working load limit (WLL) of 2,000 lb."

the crane lorry was 12 tonnes, the driver estimated the 3 logs at almost 10 tonnes in total! He said it was the second biggest thing he had ever picked up!

Gutted once again as I can't view it on the iPad......

Yeah I can't view it on iPad either.

The use of copyrighted music means that the videos cant be shown on mobile devices :( Youtube can detect it automatically! Its madness. Might consider hosting stuff on vimeo or something if it is a problem in the future.