MEWP or Climb

Rod

mewp or climb  

53 members have voted

1. 1. mewp or climb

• MEWP
    • CLIMB

which do you go for, health and safety wise i was told that you should only climb the tree if it is necessary.

so if money and access weren't an issue which would you go for

p.s i try'd the search engine first

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

which do you go for, health and safety wise i was told that you should only climb the tree if it is necessary.

so if money and access weren't an issue which would you go for

p.s i try'd the search engine first

mewp. no question. love climbing, but flying carpets rock(ps dont tell dean i said this or huck):001_smile:

I have always been under the impression that climbing a tree was supposed to be "last resort".

This was backed up the other day by a chat about AFAG regs changing and updating and now if I'm correct, your risk assessment has to justify climbing as being only possible solution.????

feel free to correct me and enlighten us all.

I have always been under the impression that climbing a tree was supposed to be "last resort".

This was backed up the other day by a chat about AFAG regs changing and updating and now if I'm correct, your risk assessment has to justify climbing as being only possible solution.????

can it be because of price or is that not a good enough reason?

can it be because of price or is that not a good enough reason?

Its a grey area, as far as I'm concerned. Climbing is the reason I do what i do. It's my life. Just a conversation I had with someone from BTS that basically went along the lines of HSE blah blah blah, Climbing must now be justified.

Cost can't be justification for a risk assessment. Surely.