090 can we get them in this country?

danroker1987

im looking for an 090 to run on an alsakan mill,can only find ones in america,are there any over here,any leads would be much appreciated thanks dan

i hope note ? theres plenty off other saws that will do a better job with less pain to youre mentle & pysical state than one of those saws :thumbdown:

not very common in the u.k... and not fit for purpose unless you are regularly running a 7-8' bar....

if you really wanted one, then you either have to leave the developed world, and head to south america, south east asia etc to buy a new one...

pay over the odds and get a second hand u.s one...

or look out for a 070(fairly common in the u.k/europe) and put a 090 top end on it.

whatever you choose, it would be far easier and generally cheaper than the first two options to buy an 088 and mill faster and more productively anyway.

I've used my 090 for milling, why not just make up an auto-oiler for pennies?!? The vibes seem drastically reduced if you use it for milling, no idea why tho. Not fit for purpose? 137cc of brutal horsepower,will run any available bar easily, no chainbrake, mine has no A/v's, but its a lovely saw to use. Just think of HAVS exposure, be aware you're using a BIG saw, and enjoy it. Oh, and dont let anyone else use it!!:001_smile:

Not fit for purpose?

dont get me wrong, i would love a 090....just not for milling

if i were doing alot of big milling, i would prefer a modern saw with better anti-vibe, air filtration, fuel economy, chain speed, and weight.

also with milling being very hard on the saw, i would prefer to use a saw that isnt technically obselete, so spare parts can be had anywhere, cheaper, and with far less hassle.

i reckon a 090g would be a better choice for the mill anyhoo, rarer and heavier, and harder to get bits for, so an even more exclusive club to be in as well.