Professional Bodies.

Sam Thompson

I know what your saying, i have membership with the fca and isa i always carry my certificates, insurance and waste carriers i find showing the potential client these plus my membership cards show that i have a commitment to make my business as professional as i can.

I concur. It does depend on what you want from the membership. If what the organisation delivers is access to courses, information, publications, qualifications, standards, accreditations and a logo and this fits in with your goals then that's the organisation for you.

If you want a logo, membership status and a jumble of letters after your name the aspire to other ones.

As I understand it to put letters after you name you have to have a recognised professional qualification.

My step-dad has FEP after his though he rarely uses it nowadays. (Failed Eleven Plus):thumbup:

The best I ever got was Esq.:biggrin:

Cheers for the replies guys.

I think that anything that adds to the public image in a positive light is a good thing. However having gone through the website looking at their benefits I think that it could be really beneficial to me, and open a fair few doors.

I think Smallwoods, RFS and the AA will all be getting subscriptions soon :thumbup1:

Thanks

• 6 months later...
I'm going to confuse you even more and throw another Society at you. They may be of benefit to you if that's a side of your business you offer.

Arborist Directory, Tree Valuation, Home Buyers Tree Reports, Tree Preservation, Risk Assessment-Consulting Arborist Society

Anyone here a member? If so what do you make of it? Is it worth the money and what kind of assessment/training/cpd is involved? Had a look on their site and info on joining seems sketchy and sparse. The application form is little more than contact and payment details :confused:

There are a few members of CAS dotted about, not for me at the moment but i will be joining in the future for personal reasons

I think its worth it for netwrok opportunities and courses etc

Already in the AA and considering the ICF, the long term plan is to become chartered:biggrin:

There are a few members of CAS dotted about, not for me at the moment but i will be joining in the future for personal reasons

I think its worth it for netwrok opportunities and courses etc

Already in the AA and considering the ICF, the long term plan is to become chartered:biggrin:

So do you have to be a member to go on their courses? And do you have to go on their courses to be listed on the relevent sections on their site?