thinking of a platform...

Mr Ed

I'm not a fan of platforms, but I'm thinking of buying a small truck mounted version -

I have about 2 miles of main road through a woodland to crown lift and dismantle all the overgrown saplings (now about 12 - 18" dia). The trees all sit atop a 10 foot high retaining wall too.

I know I can hire a spiderlift, but the hire cost would about pay for a 35 - 45ft truck mount. + I can do it without hiring in extra climbers.

I cant help but feel a bit guilty even thinking about it though

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with that is you could end up with a machine thats no good at either job. I think you'd have to go bigger than 7.5t to make it work, and do you really want to have a chip truck that has to be moved every 20 minutes when you reposition the platform?

Also, for road work, i like having a vehicle either side of the site to protect the workforce.

I saw the Arb trucks at the trade fair and also at the SED construction show, at the latter it was on the platform providers stand who openly admitted the vehicle was a bit of a balls up as if you fill the chip box with chip you had no where to fold the platform up into! as the box was designed to be the travel position of the basket!:smokin: