Eucalyptus trees dying ?

White Noise

As the title says . I,m noticing a lot of Eucalyptus trees looking in really poor condition . Most of them have small areas of dead leaves turning brown . In some cases the whole tree has been subject to this . Anybody else notice this . Oh sorry if this has been mentioned before .:001_smile:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took a small Euc down today, in a matter of two weeks its gone from good leaf coverage to almost 100% dead. It looks like the only green thats left on the leaves seams to be and the tip extremities. Looks like a leaf minor has been at it to although the leaves are not brown but very gray.

• 5 weeks later...

Crumbs, I went to some effort to find this thread.

Went and looked at a wee eucky, all the leaves dead from winter frost as per this thread.

Now this particular one is history, I'm takeing it out for the cash.

I've got so many connies waiting till september due to nesting season, that something has to pay the bills, and this tree has my 020s name on it.

However the reason I went to the trouble of finding this thread is to ask.

Euckys being euckys and generally indestructable is there any chance that it might regenerate even with all its leaves dead at the moment. or Regen from a polllard/ heavy prune?