Wood wasp

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

So our new stove is fitted (not a lovenholme) but it seems hard to fully shut it down, it always seems to be drawing too hard. It is a 50ft flue so I'm not sure if that's the issue, but surely you should still be able to limit stove to how much air it can actually draw in irrespective of flue length?

So our new stove is fitted (not a lovenholme) but it seems hard to fully shut it down, it always seems to be drawing too hard. It is a 50ft flue so I'm not sure if that's the issue, but surely you should still be able to limit stove to how much air it can actually draw in irrespective of flue length?

Is there a vent on the back of the stove for use in a smokeless zone . Its usually a plate held by a screw that you can close buy loosening the screw , pivot it round to cover the hole then all you air control is from the front .

It is a smokeless zone stove and there is a bracket thing with hole to rear with what looks like couple small screw holes either side.. But there's no plate. There's same size of hole directly underneath also.

I'll go have another look to be sure

What make stove is it and are you in a smokeless zone ?

It's a Charnwood C six and yes, in a smokeless zone but chimney that high it's not really such an issue. ImageUploadedByArbtalk1472838038.513291.jpg.85e703ed1b14db1f1d93217972e7ede4.jpg

I had another look and two pics attached. The cream one is hole to the rear and one with lever is hole underneath, I suspect that even if hole at rear was blocked there would still be more than enough air flow through bottom hole for stove to overdraw.

Thanks for your comments, much appreciated

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1472838023.965300.jpg.00b3b9738df5b24a881bd7c49cb1cdc7.jpg

When we fitted pellet stoves to a block of flats and the chimney was 5 storeys high it was necessary to fit a draught regulator at the flue outlet, this was a weighted flat that opened slightly when the buoyancy of the hot flue gases was such that a depression formed at the stove outlet. The rest of the time the weight kept it shut.

th9QVVGPQ5.jpg?w=300&h=300&quality=85&sc

I would be concerned about using one in a room sealed system unless it drew air from outside.