Feed roller problem on Jensen 530

JAC

Hi, having a problem with the feed rollers on my Jensen chipper, they are spinning really slowly so won't chip at all. Does anybody have any idea what the problem could be? I've tried a new solenoid so it's not that.

Hi, having a problem with the feed rollers on my Jensen chipper, they are spinning really slowly so won't chip at all. Does anybody have any idea what the problem could be? I've tried a new solenoid so it's not that.

Low hydraulic oil ? Or sometimes the small wheel adjuster that is numbered 1-10 vibrates shut round about number 2 or so . Make sure its wound right open . Other thing the safety bar not pushed in fully . Or throttle not opening completely .....so not enough RPMs .

Low hydraulic oil ? Or sometimes the small wheel adjuster that is numbered 1-10 vibrates shut round about number 2 or so . Make sure its wound right open . Other thing the safety bar not pushed in fully . Or throttle not opening completely .....so not enough RPMs .

Hi, I've checked all those but had no joy.

check the reading on the computer, this reads the speed of the fly wheel. it should read around 1200 if its significantly lower than that say 400 - 600, check the distance between the speed sensor (silver threaded bolt) and the fly wheel. if you can get a pound coin between the gap there is a possibility that the fly wheel is drifting. this can be fixed temporarily by adjusting the sensor closer. you probably will need to get it into a dealer and have a new taper lock fitted.

If the sensor is reading wrong speed it will cut power to feed rollers.

check the reading on the computer, this reads the speed of the fly wheel. it should read around 1200 if its significantly lower than that say 400 - 600, check the distance between the speed sensor (silver threaded bolt) and the fly wheel. if you can get a pound coin between the gap there is a possibility that the fly wheel is drifting. this can be fixed temporarily by adjusting the sensor closer. you probably will need to get it into a dealer and have a new taper lock fitted.

If the sensor is reading wrong speed it will cut power to feed rollers.

How do you check the reading? It's a 2006 model

Speed sensor seem ok.

It creeps in forward and reverse as if it wasn't quite full revs

Where the stop bar connects to the value block there is an black box with wires going into it with a nut on it. Undo the nut and give the middle of the black box a clean up with a file, also do the bit that comes out of the value block. You may feel it pulling itself back on like it's an magnet.

If not maybe re set the rollers at the circuit board. 3 black bottoms down the side and 2 lights around the middle. Rev the chipper flat out and hold top button bottom button together until the light flashes, then set the revs to where you want the stress to kick in and do bottom button middle button until the other light flashes. Then set the rev's back to flat out and the rollers should be spinning.

Hope this works or if I have got it wrong please correct me.

There should be a speed control on the valve, its a black knob unless its broken off when it will leave a small brass spigot.

I've tried that but still not working.

The rollers are turning really slowly with the revs on full or just ticking over.