130 Double Cab Tipper

Jonesey

Sorry if this question has been asked elsewhere but I have done a search and can't find an appropriate answer. I am looking for a new arb truck and have been offered a mint double cab pick up by a mate which i would have to convert to a tipper.

My question is does anyone know what sort of capacity would I be able to get in this and also where would be the best place to get it done in the Midlands. I did originally want a 130 single cab tipper which provides more than enough chip/brash space but sod all tool storage so I am wondering if this double cab may be the better option.

Any advice/input is greatly received.

Cheers

Jones

I love it, sure it has all the quirks of a landrover but it does the job, I'm 6ft 2 and have seat extenders and a small steering wheel. ImageUploadedByArbtalk1418160944.533104.jpg.f6b1bb6dfbdbfebf04574dd29cf866b6.jpg

I have plenty of chip dumps around which helps. I can get in and out of loads of places and tight alleys and drives etc. I think it's brilliant and would get another after this one.

Interesting thread. I currently have a single can 130 tipper, is great but easy to over load and had no room in the cab. My chip box is also to wide.

I'm planning to convert mine to a double cab as is got a new chassis and the engine is strong. It will become a second truck runs with a lorry. I really like Hodge's I might use that as a template for mine.

Never enough chip space in a Landry but that's a compromise you will have to make if you want to run one!

Hodge, does your tool box run down just one side? How does it affect load and handling. I ask as looking at different storage solutions for my next landy.

My 110 tipper will be for sale new year:thumbup:

Never enough chip space in a Landry but that's a compromise you will have to make if you want to run one!

Hodge, does your tool box run down just one side? How does it affect load and handling. I ask as looking at different storage solutions for my next landy.

My 110 tipper will be for sale new year:thumbup:

Just down the one side, I don't notice it affect the loading, well if it does it's worth it for the bench and having the tools not in the cab.

I need to get my 130 crew cab HCPU converted into a tipper with chip box. I spent a long time searching for someone to make me a box for a 130 single cab I ordered (and subsequently cancelled) from landrover earlier in the year and same problem this time round. Expensive project!!!

Hodge gave me sound advice earlier in the year regarding his 130 and that was what inspired me to eventually get the crew cab version.

I love my 130 crew cab it's an awesome truck and ever since I had spacers fitted and steering lock adjusted it's been easier to manoeuvre too.

Just the chip box and a winch left to make it my ideal vehicle (excluding a mog that is)!