Impress the boss

Chris5128

Hi guys I'm new the fourum and have to says u guys are doing a great job lots of info on here.

Ive been looking to get in the industry for some time and may have finally got a break working for free one weekend. The boss knows I'm a newbie but is there anything I can learn before starting? I've been rock climbing for many years so should be ok with knots. Im currently a scaffolder so my fitness should be above average. I just wanna be able to give off the best impression. Any constructive help welcomed cheers guys/girls

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy him Breakfast or Lunch, Turn up on time with the correct attitude always ask whats needs doing next, Don't sit on your ass unless the boss is and its Lunch, Swept up every now and again around the chipper. The second you get back to the yard help out Don't do what another lad did to me the other day Before he was out the Van he was in his car and off = No more work from me!!!

Enjoy your self doing the work get along with em all and have a laugh but don't take the piss to much.

Oh and Best of Luck fella

]]Buy him Breakfast or Lunch[/b]' date=' [/u'][/b]Turn up on time with the correct attitude always ask whats needs doing next, Don't sit on your ass unless the boss is and its Lunch, Swept up every now and again around the chipper. The second you get back to the yard help out Don't do what another lad did to me the other day Before he was out the Van he was in his car and off = No more work from me!!!

Enjoy your self doing the work get along with em all and have a laugh but don't take the piss to much.

Oh and Best of Luck fella

Blimey he only wants a job! that's going too far.

Cheers guys I'll defiantly be keen taken me so long to get this chance. Big move though going from a well established and reasonable paying job to something completely new.

Best tip I can give you in your position is don't turn your back on your old job completely. This business can sometimes be a bit patchy and the odd 'special guest appearance' in your old trade can help make ends meet. :001_smile:

Turn up on time, bring a pack lunch and plenty of fluids (esp. in this warm weather), be polite and always ask if unsure of something.....ohhh and always look up before going under the tree and check the climber isn't about to drop something!

Work hard . Anything you don't understand , ask .

to the above I'd add......use what god gave you in the numerical order 2 eyes, 2 ears 1 mouth. Watch listen and learn seeing something done beats reading bout it 10 fold. And I will emphasize again the above anything you don't understand ask.

If you ain't got ppe then if ya can beg borrow or steal it (well don't steal but ya get the drift)