Lost Climbing Kit – Suffolk

Daldinia

Hi all,

I arrived at a work site today to find that the roller shutter on the side of the truck had come open and my climbing kit had fallen out.

This could have happened anywhere between Ipswich and Kelsale along the A14, through Claydon, Barham, Bell’s Cross along the B1078 past Otley college, B1076 through Clopton, Wickham Market and then the A12 to Kelsale.

I’m not holding out much hope as it could be in a ditch never to be seen again but if anyone happens across it, or is offered it or sees it for sale I’d really appreciate it if you let me know.

The kit is contained in blue plastic rucksack style bag with two shoulder straps and a draw string holding it closed.

It contains

Petzl Sequoia Harness

5m blue/white yale xtc lanyard

Various ISC/Petzl karabiners

Cambium saver

Hitch climber pully

ISC pully

Pinto pully

Rope wrench ZK2

HB Stiff tether

Petzl pantin

Silky

Falco secateurs

Various hitch cords

Few other bits and pieces

Please keep an eye out and any help would be really appreciated.

Have you informed the police, just in case anyone hands it in.

Yeah I have informed the police and phoned around a few local arb shops on the off chance someone hands it in.

BTS truck?

No not BTS.

I'm devastated. I've spent the morning driving the route and walked along a few of miles of road where I think it most likely happened to look in the ditches but no luck.

God obviously hates you as he does me . Me and him have never got on . He did that to me when the back of the chipper fell down and its contents ( 2 big saws , climbing saw , blower , fuel and oil ) all spilled out at assorted points of the homeward trip . Found one big saw the rest went into the Bermuda bloody triangle . Hope you have better luck matey .

Bad luck, not a good start to the week. Hope someone finds it and gets in touch either here or hands it into the Police.

I've found Arb saws, helmets, ropes and carabiners laying around when I've gone along the road, we must be quite a careless bunch. Never put gear in a chipper hopper, I've lost signs out of one, and someone I know lost a huge ammo tin full of tools on the A14 in the same way. Put locks on shutter doors, more to stop tea leaves when you stop.