Dump trailer load of split wood

Stump squatter

As said work out the volume of the dumper and take it from there. It's gotta be worth some discount over your normal rate. Delivery is considerable part of our costs and being able to do one large bulk load would be great. I would knock off £10 per cube

I would not discount as it could backfire on you it certainly did with me. New customer bought 20 cube of kiln dry off me for which I knocked off £5 per cube he resold it undercutting my normal price and taking my customers as his product was equivalent to mine well actually it was mine. Then bought loads of cheap split logs still undercutting my price but still selling as quality kiln dried logs to my customers. Eventually he has got a reputation for selling rubbish logs and my customers are returning but it has taken 2 years of lost sales.

I would not discount as it could backfire on you it certainly did with me. New customer bought 20 cube of kiln dry off me for which I knocked off £5 per cube he resold it undercutting my normal price and taking my customers as his product was equivalent to mine well actually it was mine. Then bought loads of cheap split logs still undercutting my price but still selling as quality kiln dried logs to my customers. Eventually he has got a reputation for selling rubbish logs and my customers are returning but it has taken 2 years of lost sales.

If you only knocked £5 off per cube how did this guy make any money off it as it must cost him more than £5 per cube to deliver?

If you only knocked £5 off per cube how did this guy make any money off it as it must cost him more than £5 per cube to deliver?

Sold my timber at cost as a loss leader "kiln dried" then once reputation established sold cheap non kiln dried timber as "kiln dried". I believe he managed to cream £40 a cube out of customers whilst it lasted as I know the supplier who was selling him the unseasoned wood.