Lake District

Wood wasp

Down in the Lakes, very beautiful but busy. Had a walk through the woods today and came across couple of harvesting sites and brand new John Deere harvester.

Also came across a national trust site where they were clearing larch (diseased?), pretty rough snedding but not sure what they're going to do with the poles so maybe doesn't need to be close. NT signs nailed onto oaks raised an eyebrow though!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Down in the Lakes, very beautiful but busy. Had a walk through the woods today and came across couple of harvesting sites and brand new John Deere harvester.

Also came across a national trust site where they were clearing larch (diseased?), pretty rough snedding but not sure what they're going to do with the poles so maybe doesn't need to be close. NT signs nailed onto oaks raised an eyebrow though!

HI WOOD go around and see hodge mate have 2 bars of kendal cake mate thanks jon :thumbup:

Nails in trees_ some property managers are on the ball and some hardly ever leave their office or 'The Hollens'. Estate teams tend to be fussy about things, forestry teams a little less so. But if the PM can't make it out to site/a quick fix is needed/several previous signs have been flung into bushes or burnt or taken home, then anything goes.

Staying in Ambleside and yes, the weather is bit greyer today. On macbook so can upload pics this time.

Can understand that with signs nailed on then at least you know they're not going anywhere, well not unless ripped down entirely.

Think I saw a few Iggesund signs so possibly a standing sale. Any idea if they're skidding/skylining the larch poles out? Was NT site at Claife

IMG_0590.jpg.0e74c7b57e35016f9b42577327265c61.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg.92bbbdff57ea3a48cfbcf17e1ce87493.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg.d2631d44394aa906bb5472d9d941f7c5.jpg

I was in the lakes at the weekend and took a shortcut from the coast to Coniston. We ended up on the Hardknot Pass.

The trouble was that I have a real phobia of heights, and by heck, that pass is steep!

I was bricking myself in my CRV whilst little old ladies were happily driving over in old fiestas.

Well worth a visit though if you don't mind heights, which I guess most of you don't!