Yale Kernmaster DDRT?

kierangurney

Why not just use a low stretch Arb rope such as Cougar Blue.? Or have you already bought it? Great for SRT even better for Ddrt.

I've looked at the cougar blue and tbh for the price I would rather have the Kernmaster. I shall be buying it this weekend from Jonsie :) along with a few other bits and bobs

Looking and climbing are two different things! ;)

Have you had a climb on either?

I have climbed on both and tbh prefer the CB. What diameter is the Kern? 11mm or 10.5?

Nope not had a climb on ether to be honest, the kern is 11mm.. I'm currently climbing on New England Union 12mm and it's far to stretchy at 60ft plus

Kern is perfectly good for DRT but 11mm can be a bit thin for some people. and having the standard stitched eye can be a pain for pulleysaver/cambiumsaver retrieval.

Some of the newer cougar blue is pretty patchy coming from the factory-there has been a lot of complaints here in nz about it. the old stuff rocked though.