husqvarna 545rx any good

carpenter1

Our one was well at best pants. A very solid machine but the relability just hasn't been there. That was the was one of the first ones though. Apparently the new ones are very very good. The 345 rx was one of the best ever made IMO.

FS460 i personally find a little clumsy and a few are having issues with cluches going. The AV is better though.

If you don't mind the weight then the big Husky at some 50-55cc. Low vibes and it will eat anything.

Our one was well at best pants. A very solid machine but the relability just hasn't been there. That was the was one of the first ones though. Apparently the new ones are very very good. The 345 rx was one of the best ever made IMO.

FS460 i personally find a little clumsy and a few are having issues with cluches going. The AV is better though.

If you don't mind the weight then the big Husky at some 50-55cc. Low vibes and it will eat anything.

I had the 345RX and the only difference I can tell; is that the older machine had slightly less vibes than the newer ones . Both the strimmers Have been faultless and have been used so much that there is a hole worn in the shaft where it rubs on the thigh pad of the harness .

I had the 345RX and the only difference I can tell; is that the older machine had slightly less vibes than the newer ones . Both the strimmers Have been faultless and have been used so much that there is a hole worn in the shaft where it rubs on the thigh pad of the harness .

There is a repair kit for this, a steel plate that rivets onto the shaft. A cheap quick fix :biggrin:

545 has an awesome harness too.

There is a repair kit for this, a steel plate that rivets onto the shaft. A cheap quick fix :biggrin:

545 has an awesome harness too.

Yea mine is the earlier harness with the hard plastic hip/thigh pad . This wears through the shaft much more than the newer harness which has a soft pad .