Westonbirt commissioning a carving for treefest 2016

Stoatally

I'm sure you've all seen this, but thought I'd share in case anyone is interested

Last year Westonbirt felled a giant redwood and they have a piece of trunk 6.5m long by 16 tapering to 1.6m diameter.

They're looking to commission one artist to create a carving for treefest 2016 and to then be displayed by the new tree team equipment shed.

More information here

• 4 months later...
I've been. Good day out. Lots of stalls, food, crafts, music etc. Some tree kit demonstrations, chainsaw carving, old vehicles, milling and stuff. Have a look on their website.

Thanks for the help, I have looked on the website and it doesn't say a great deal tbh.

I'm sure you've all seen this, but thought I'd share in case anyone is interested

Last year Westonbirt felled a giant redwood and they have a piece of trunk 6.5m long by 16 tapering to 1.6m diameter.

They're looking to commission one artist to create a carving for treefest 2016 and to then be displayed by the new tree team equipment shed.

More information here

Hi stoat....just to clear up who you are...were you the fella standing round us at the ARB SHOW.? I ask'd who you were and said come and join us?

I didn't get chance to have a chat and see what you did etc as I had other plans...anyway was good to meet you and may be catch up at the next show.

By the way what do you do?

Yes 5-Shires, that was me.

I will be off to Treefest this sunday - I got confused as I thought all the carvign and timbersports was at arbshow not treefest.

Not sure I'll make it to APF unless I get up there for a day.

Currently I'm a training manager in the Civil Service (for the agency everyone on here doesn't like very much). Voluntary severance (aka redundancy) and I finish on September 30th. Retraining to get into tree work.

Was nice to meet you, albeit briefly, and others, hope to meet up somewhere soon.

Yes 5-Shires, that was me.

I will be off to Treefest this sunday - I got confused as I thought all the carvign and timbersports was at arbshow not treefest.

Not sure I'll make it to APF unless I get up there for a day.

Currently I'm a training manager in the Civil Service (for the agency everyone on here doesn't like very much). Voluntary severance (aka redundancy) and I finish on September 30th. Retraining to get into tree work.

Was nice to meet you, albeit briefly, and others, hope to meet up somewhere soon.

A stoat...ok well now I know...and best of luck with your training...o and by the way you didn't get back to my mate Richie Rich...he was working with me today and I mentioned you and he said he offered his chipper if you were ever stuck and you didn't get back to him.

Just word to the wise...us tree blokes no matter what we do as an involvement with trees we are a close nit kind of community and always help each other no matter what...so if someone offers help it would be a good idea just to reply as a matter of courtisy or may be the offer may not be there again.

No having a go its just how it is in this industry...yep carving at tree fest and not ARB SHOW...Shame you can't make APF it's a great show..ok fella well may be catch up next ARB SHOW if not before sometime. Agin best of luck with getting your tickets.