MS661 now?

Old Mill Tree Care

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my 661c is 3 months old now and feels dead in power wise compared to to a mates 5 year old 395xp, my 661c wasnt started for a month i use aspen anyway in it but it just keep flooding it self and finally got it to start 45 minutes later haver about 60 pulls no joke. if it wasnt the fact my one was a stupid bargain new i would have been sorely disappointed with it. running the 30 inch set up

Edited by littlerob

We run 661's principly on 28" light bars and find that works balance wise.

But the reason for my post was about them flooding and the starting issues. If you don't catch them first time they can "flood" and many starts are required or letting them sit for a while as already stated.

But you can "trick" any M-tronic into starting.

Just kneel on body of saw, set lever to run with left hand hold throttle on full and pull cord with right hand and it will run.

No waiting or frustrating yanking.

Hope this helps cheers,

James.

But the reason for my post was about them flooding and the starting issues. If you don't catch them first time they can "flood" and many starts are required or letting them sit for a while as already stated.

Just kneel on body of saw, set lever to run with left hand hold throttle on full and pull cord with right hand and it will run.

Hope this helps cheers,

James.

will have to try this starting trick out as i got to the point i was going to smash my one the other week yes i feel the 30 inch bar is nose heavy

dont know if it's me or the saw got to run in as its only had 5 tanks of fuel in it but just seems to be lacking in power don't seem much more aggressive than my 365

I can't comment on the husky comparison as I don't use that saw. But 28" light and RS chain is a good combination for us. Noticeably a step up from the 441 and that's a blinding saw.

Maybe one of the lads has miss sharpened it? Or as you say is just bedding in?

Cheers,

James.

Hope this helps cheers,

James.

I have noticed this with Stihl Mtronic, there is a "choke" setting and a "run" setting and no fast idle so if you miss that pop on the choke setting or don't get to the throttle in time, it floods.

I tried starting a MS261 in the run position and the bloody thing kick-backed violently and put it down to the ignition being in the fully advanced position rather than a retarded starting setting.

Looks like the guy in the field has come up with another fix for a lack of correct design!