Found myself a mobile stenner :)

Boy English

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evening all thought I would share some pics of my latest find, been down and freed it up today in preparation for moving next weekend :) [ATTACH]211349[/ATTACH][ATTACH]211350[/ATTACH][ATTACH]211351[/ATTACH]

Nice one, looks in reasonable shape, the saw head folds down for transportation, you can see the two location sockets and pins, and the pivot point, I had the same saw, I used to use a top link from 3 pt, the lower pulley is very close to the ground so u need to be ultra careful if u decide to move it in the upright position, interesting stenner still carry spares for these, there is an old boy called Fred at stenner I think that was his name and he will give u some info, I guess it still has the serial number, this saw looks scary but when you use it you will be surprised how slow and effortless it is ultimately u need to be careful as this machine commands respect and will not take any prisoners if you slip up, but will cut some large timber, I will have a look I may have some new guide blocks for the blade and some new bearings for the bed rollers, if I can find them you are welcome to them, keep us posted, and look at how it folds over it might just save some accidental damage to the expensive lower pullee, good luck

Nice one, looks in reasonable shape, the saw head folds down for transportation, you can see the two location sockets and pins, and the pivot point, I had the same saw, I used to use a top link from 3 pt, the lower pulley is very close to the ground so u need to be ultra careful if u decide to move it in the upright position, interesting stenner still carry spares for these, there is an old boy called Fred at stenner I think that was his name and he will give u some info, I guess it still has the serial number, this saw looks scary but when you use it you will be surprised how slow and effortless it is ultimately u need to be careful as this machine commands respect and will not take any prisoners if you slip up, but will cut some large timber, I will have a look I may have some new guide blocks for the blade and some new bearings for the bed rollers, if I can find them you are welcome to them, keep us posted, and look at how it folds over it might just save some accidental damage to the expensive lower pullee, good luck

That would be great, if you come across anything pm me and I'll send you some funds to cover costs and a few beers :) .. I spoke to stenner last week and they sent me a few pages of original sales info however said spares were not available (was a sales lady in fairness so will try again and see if I can talk to someone else maybe)

And yes I've found the pivot, I'm giving the diesel some time to soak in before trying to pivot it :)