Price increases- not all gloom and doom.

Mark_Skyland

More and more customers have been asking how Brexit is affecting prices this year. So I thought it best to post a bit of information.

While there have been a few small increase around 3-5% all our prices have been amended for this year except for Pfanner which will increase by about 5% when the current stock runs out and Marlow by about the same percentage.

Other major brands including the following Husqvarna, Petzl, DMM, Haix, SIP, Arbortec etc will remain as is until 2017, even then I don't expect a price increase across all brands by much if at all. Stihl will hopefully drop in price and Teufelberger, ART and Distel go up and down as the exchange rate changes anyway.

This is obviously only in regards to Skyland Equipment and I don't speak for any other dealers.

On the plus side nearly all products are the same price if not cheaper than 18 months ago! In fact some items cost the same now as I was paying 15 years ago.:001_smile:

As said above by mark a 3-5% increase in prices this year on goods bought in from Europe in the post brexit vote.

This is only a tremor felt in europe at the shock of the UK wanting too leave.

Economists are predicting an increase in prices once Theresa May invokes article 50 and starts the exit process.

There are varied predictions depending on which exit strategy our government manages to negotiate europe into giving us but economists and politicians alike agree that a rise in prices are a certainty.

For unbias media reporting the BBC and daily mail is best avoided

As said above by mark a 3-5% increase in prices this year on goods bought in from Europe in the post brexit vote.

This is only a tremor felt in europe at the shock of the UK wanting too leave.

Economists are predicting an increase in prices once Theresa May invokes article 50 and starts the exit process.

There are varied predictions depending on which exit strategy our government manages to negotiate europe into giving us but economists and politicians alike agree that a rise in prices are a certainty.

For unbias media reporting the BBC and daily mail is best avoided

Sorry Steve, couldn't resist.

stihlmadasever: how much would prices have gone up if THE MAJORITY of voters had not voted to leave the EU?.

Its an unaswerable question eggs and a pointless one.

Economists and politicians can only try to estimate and predict our financial future.

I really dont see a point in getting into an argument over a question which has no bearing on our financial future do you?

The facts are we are leaving the EU so lets try to predict the outcome of our current and future situation not worry about what could have been.

Its an unaswerable question eggs and a pointless one.

Economists and politicians can only try to estimate and predict our financial future.

I really dont see a point in getting into an argument over a question which has no bearing on our financial future do you?

The facts are we are leaving the EU so lets try to predict the outcome of our current and future situation not worry about what could have been.

It's an unanswerable question, yet it's a certainty that prices will go up.

Can you see where this falls down?

It's not an argument, it's a discussion.