Dead Elms

RPA

looks like you were at the underside of the tree when felling the middle stem out, never seen that before. i always like to be at the topside, much safer imo. looked proper dead. hard as hell usually but yet still chewy.:001_smile:

Was actually tied in behind the back stem and moved round to the dide to make felling cut easier. Any movement would have put me safe round the back. A bit deceptive on the vid. :001_smile:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Classic crash and burn...looks like nice firewood.

Seems like u use a shallow scarf ( face cut) 1/4 diameter hence the big backcuts? Is that standard over their or some other reason?

Just found the face cuts right for the job.

The lad I did the climbing for ended up giving all the firewood away bar a couple of T I managed to get away :scared1:

Was actually tied in behind the back stem and moved round to the dide to make felling cut easier. Any movement would have put me safe round the back. A bit deceptive on the vid. :001_smile:

sorry mate, didnt mean to criticise, but i had to mention it, it was bothering me.. i knew if you had been doing this for 20plus years you would know what you are doing:001_cool: videos and pics never give the true scale and an idea of lean and angle. i wonder if you would of shown the vid if the trunk had ended up through the fence:001_tongue:

i wonder if you would of shown the vid if the trunk had ended up through the fence:001_tongue:

No offence taken :001_smile:

Yeh I would have. It would have made the stupid get acting as banksman at the bottom run even faster!

(must admit I did get a slight twitch when the stem took off so fast :ohmy: - dead wood, loose bark, 45 degree slope n all that stuff)

[quote name=Richard Allinson;150081

(must admit I did get a slight twitch when the stem took off so fast :ohmy: - dead wood' date=' loose bark, 45 degree slope n all that stuff)[/quote]

i find if you hold your breath and clench your butt cheeks, 4 ton of wood doing 20mph will stop where you want it too.:001_tt1: