Compact tractor hst or geared

Treemover

What are Kioti's like these days? Looked at them 10 years ago and they looked like good value but needed a bit more R&D IMO. Stupid things like the handbrake was basically under the seat and very difficult to use. We ended up with a geared Labourgini, Deutze, Same apparently all the same but would have liked the extra weight the Kioti offered.

I couldn't afford the main brands. That said I quite liked the LS tractors; they are rebadged and sold as NH.

I went for Kioti as after some research they made tractors for kubota under licence.

I know several businesses (nurseries, Hort) that switched from Kubota to kioti not just in price, but reliability.

Time will tell, expecting to take delivery in another week or so.

I detect a move, by the major brands towards a basic "Africa" spec tractor.

Kubota brought out the MK 5000

JD has its 3036E varient et al

Iseki has the new LTE 3400,

all open station or cabless, limited mech gears(mostly) single speed PTO etc

and I also came across a poverty spec cabless NH.

So?

Is this a fight back against the Kioti/Siromar/LS/Deadong whatever out of Korea and China?

m

I detect a move, by the major brands towards a basic "Africa" spec tractor.

Kubota brought out the MK 5000

JD has its 3036E varient et al

Iseki has the new LTE 3400,

all open station or cabless, limited mech gears(mostly) single speed PTO etc

and I also came across a poverty spec cabless NH.

So?

Is this a fight back against the Kioti/Siromar/LS/Deadong whatever out of Korea and China?

m

Or just a realisation that the more good big thra'n levers they replace with a nice dinky little switch, the more likely it is to get smashed to bits by the slacked jawed muppets who frequently end up operating them. Give them electrically engaged 4WD and it's easier to horse it in while at full tilt, give them an economy 540 PTO and they'll destroy every mower gearbox by over-speeding it, give them a cab and not only will they smash all the glass but they'll leave the million and one fragments it breaks in to, over footpaths, fairways, play areas or whatever.

Used to think that it was just farmers who were tractor wreckers but the young fella says that he's seen things about the golf courses that would make Wully John farmer seem like a beacon of mechanical sympathy. So why would the golf course superintendent, local authority purchasing manager, football/rugby club chief exec, etc, etc, want to accept a higher tender price for a clatter of stuff that'll just get smashed anyway.