Metal in the hydraulic system...

Ty Korrigan

Hi I think this is a common problem with the j.d tractor caused by the internal brake disc wearing. Are nabour has had the same problem with 2 of his tractors , he has sold them as it was the cheapest option as to do the job the cab has to be removed so that you can take the trumpets off the tractor (the part that the weal bolts to ) so that you can then get to the brake disc.

cheers chris

Totally agree - cab off etc , total repair around 1K, but good as new after.

Hi I think this is a common problem with the j.d tractor caused by the internal brake disc wearing. Are nabour has had the same problem with 2 of his tractors , he has sold them as it was the cheapest option as to do the job the cab has to be removed so that you can take the trumpets off the tractor (the part that the weal bolts to ) so that you can then get to the brake disc.

cheers chris

I assume your neighbours tractors where full size models, the OP`s tactor is a compact.

Ty, have you had more metal since changing the oil last time?

I`ll try and speak to someone I know who works in the local JD dealers see if he`s come across it before, although they do compacts in a different branch.

• 1 month later...

Hello Mick,

Sorry, I have re-visted this thread before now.

The G.M190 issue has not been resolved.

The dealer picked it up 2 weeks ago from our yard and it sat at the dealership un-touched until I picked it up last night as I have jobs which I priced for this machine and I wish to service the Quadchip (now on 950hours)

I berated the owner of the dealership for the customer care which is rather less than serious.

I told Madame Masse and her head of workshop that in the U.K we have an expression suitable for this situation.

IT'S NOT ####### ROCKET SCIENCE!

I informed them that unless this issue is resolved I will sell the machine, move on from G.M France and buy another make.

I used the 190 today to chip lumpy heads of Laurel from a hedge we lowered.

The rollers seized 3 times and I have 3 more videos to add to my collection.

Ty:thumbdown:

I had a couple of issues on the Forst, one was rather embarrassing my doing, one wasn't.

They were pretty good about resolving it, they did show a reluctance to come out to me, it was a long way to be fair, up your neck of the woods in fact.

I'm glad I hung onto the TW though.

Its already repaid what it was worth second hand by covering downtime on the Forst.

On the JD1026r problem.

The dealership are stumped and John Deere have clammed up and are not responding to the dealerships emails.

They have changed the oil twice to no effect on the loader arm.

I suspect that the manifold is blocked with swarf and needs flushing out.

The dealer is going to reverse the loader arm action so we will at least be able to get some use out the machine until a solution can be found.

Merde Alors!

On top of this, the Roma Gypsies are in and around town, the crime rate has rocketed and I have scattered all our chainsaws etc around various hidy holes as we are ripe pickings.

The local chainsaw shop got done Thursday morning at 3pm and the Gendarmes are 100% sure it was the Roma. The break in lasted no more than 10min

We are on the Gendarmes drive by list. Trucks parked in front of gate and barn doors and inside workshop I have left 'trip hazards' like up turned rakes and metal bars set to fall and clatter if brushed.

Ty:sneaky2:

On the JD1026r problem.

The dealership are stumped and John Deere have clammed up and are not responding to the dealerships emails.

They have changed the oil twice to no effect on the loader arm.

I suspect that the manifold is blocked with swarf and needs flushing out.

The dealer is going to reverse the loader arm action so we will at least be able to get some use out the machine until a solution can be found.

Merde Alors!

On top of this, the Roma Gypsies are in and around town, the crime rate has rocketed and I have scattered all our chainsaws etc around various hidy holes as we are ripe pickings.

The local chainsaw shop got done Thursday morning at 3pm and the Gendarmes are 100% sure it was the Roma. The break in lasted no more than 10min

We are on the Gendarmes drive by list. Trucks parked in front of gate and barn doors and inside workshop I have left 'trip hazards' like up turned rakes and metal bars set to fall and clatter if brushed.

Ty:sneaky2:

Just an idea but what about painting a big evil eye on your barn, maybe an inverted pentangle or two, some occult symbols and so on. Hang a few skulls about the place....Gypsis are superstitious non?