Oak tree: Natures Greatest Survivor

Rich Rule

The coastal oaks in California (Quercus agrifolia) are droppin dead like flies as phytopthora ramorum has spread state wide, and it's the oldest trees that succumb to S.O.D. first, unfortunately.

I have been somewhat successful in slowing it down a bit for a few clients of mine using systemic basal trunk drenches of Agri-Fos fungicide mixed with Pentra-Bark surfactant.

But it's been a year or so, however none have died that were treated, and each has put on new spring growth, and have thicker canopies than last year.

My reading indicates that Ginko's are the recognized most ancient survivors.

Jomoco

Maybe the case regarding the Ginko. However, they do grow here but are not native.

The documentary is pretty much UK based, and as the Oak is so symbolic within the British Empire through building of war machine and Naval fleets, it follows the changing of the seasons for one particular tree.

The Brit's are notorious for pretending the world revolves around them!

Not allowing yankee cousins like me to view their most excellent documentaries?

Seems proof of their royal snobbishness!

I don't doubt but that it's a cracking good bit of natural science tho Rich.

Jomoco

Haha.

I am sure if you followed your heritage back far enough there may be a bit of a link to Britain somewhere.

If I were you I would contact the BBC with this evidence and express your outrage at being unable to view it. ;)

Or get a proxy service that makes it look like you are in the British Isles.

It was a pretty good program. I had to stop half way through though as the sun has come out for 10 minutes, that means BbQ time in my household.

I will watch the rest later.

The Brit's are notorious for pretending the world revolves around them!

Not allowing yankee cousins like me to view their most excellent documentaries?

Seems proof of their royal snobbishness!

I don't doubt but that it's a cracking good bit of natural science tho Rich.

Jomoco

As Montgomery said to Patton,

'My dear man, Britain was winning wars for centuries while America was still inhabited by naked savages."

I don't want to spoil it for you J, in case you find some way of watching it, but the leaves fall off in the end.

As Montgomery said to Patton,

'My dear man, Britain was winning wars for centuries while America was still inhabited by naked savages."

I don't want to spoil it for you J, in case you find some way of watching it, but the leaves fall off in the end.

Yes, British history's a long fascinating drawn out affair, no doubt.

My favorite Brit's a toss up between Paine and Cromwell.

A reasonably plausible case can be made that Brit's were the world's first international drug dealer round about the time Hong Kong was founded.

What!

Jomoco