Interesting Hitch climber variation

Steve Bullman

I got these pics courtesey of rupe. the sequence of shots shows firstly the standard Hitch climber set up.

in the second picture the eye is threaded through the swivel then onto the krab.

in the third pic the ropeman is attached to the rope.

the fourth pic shows the real benefit, the set up can be moved away from the climber without the need to lanyard in and adjust.....now the whole system is self tending!

I temporarily retired my hitch climber, i cant wait to try this set up out though

hc4.jpg.b0af5425dbf7bc877cb3c463a757b9ae.jpg

hc3.jpg.a402a4afaeeec33569c5cf3d2e770f49.jpg

hc2.jpg.9a032847a0d865c4e871f4ddfd8b0756.jpg

hc1.jpg.f99bbbe0a93f7b18808d280abc44ea9c.jpg

hc1.jpg.49a08c9de6820639d2691bd512a2c3ac.jpg

hc2.jpg.51404a46491e10dfb77619ee94cd7416.jpg

hc3.jpg.4ac05b3e1d300838ee6b9bec759257d3.jpg

hc4.jpg.3e7e3060b2d7525f1c4b3c498290172c.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only thing i can see right now which i dont like is the fact that you have to have everything unclipped from your harness when initially tying in at your tip.....im always paranoid about dropping stuff. with the normal set up you would only need to unclip the spliced eye end.

I agree with the issue of retying your TIP. That would really annoy me, but would be a nice setup for bigger/taller trees. I sometimes extend my setup with a dynema sling, not as flexible, or adjustable, but lighter on the kit as I carry one on my harness anyway

I received my Ropeman today and set everything up just as you have it!!!

The one thing that I noticed is that depending on which angle you take up slack in the lower position.........if you pull toward you the whole unit functions as normal...........if you pull away from you the whole thing advances away. I hope this makes sense!!!

Is it supposed to do this???