Back in business

mickdundee

Well almost. My wife bought me a CL3 for Christmas. It was a complete surprise. I don't know how she went about choosing one but I'm pretty pleased with her choice. However it was gonna take a serious re think of the shed layout just to get it in there!

I then decided let's not do this half arsed. This is going to need a concrete base to be fixed to to get the best out of it. So we had to wait for some half decent weather to be able to empty the shed, move it and then get the brickwork and concrete laid.

This was first step on the existing concrete pad

44420e9e3fdbe7dcc87b9da578249564.jpg

Then dismantle the shed and rebuild minus the wooden base

18eae6c5259271601888b3ccf56bd7db.jpg

And today I've set up the lathe and ran it in

c1ea47dd7fc7a2bb85ecd585059cf0dd.jpg

Still got some work to do. Going to put another plug socket on that side of the shed and need to put cabinets across the back wall to get all the other crap out the way. I can't wait to start making shavings again though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

good to hear mick.

i think the first step should be taken again and build a bigger shed:lol::lol::lol:

you want one nearly the size of mine if you can.

Unfortunately that is beyond my grasp haha. However it's not going to be difficult to add the brickwork for an extra foot on the length and width when funds allow

That is a great lathe - with 1 main failing being the support legs are far too lightweight.

Inserting some 3x3 in the angle and securing with through bolts makes a massive difference when it comes to turning larger pieces.

Good luck. :001_smile:

That's something I thought when I unpacked the stand and started building it. The cross members are all nice and heavy but the legs are like a bit of tin!

Sounds good Steve. Maybe if I take send you some pics before hand you'll be interested in a couple of more interesting bits in exchange for a few regular ones. That way I'm not coming empty handed. And the nice stuff doesn't get butchered!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk