eye to eye v.t cord

vduben

I climb on Edelrid Timber Blue with eye to eye tenex - I know alot of people don't like the tenex but I find it really nice to climb on. It self tends when I'm about 30ft+ up and grips nicely when you sit back.

I bought tenex from Proclimber - think I might try the Ocean Polyester cord next time though as a friend of mine is climbing on that and it has hardly even glazed at all in almost 6 months which almost makes up for the £20 price tag!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm using Liros 8mm tied 4/1 which goes to a 3/2 once I start climbing works real nice and will start self tailing at about 30 ft, but its nothing like a lockjack.

The best thing is its always easy to break.

i've tried loads of cords, I always thought Marlow was the best but am loving the Liros.

Did'nt get on with Tenex or Ocean. I replace my cord fortnightly, I did get Ocean to last nearly a month.

I think your climbing style and type of climbing you mainly do determines how long your cord lasts or which you prefer.

i think my best bet would be to buy several types and give them all a go, looking forward to playing with the v.t, did have a little go the other day but the tree was too big to mess around in and i needed to get done!!! so i tied it bk to the prussic that kept slipping!!!!!

Big trees is where the VT comes into its own imo, easy to break and pay out slack accuratly/does'nt bind tight,

Being able to easily tend slack on the way back in from long limb walks.

And a certain amount of self tailing when climbing back up.

i find the vt has alot of sitback and isnt great when making small adjustments. i wouldnt buy several types maybe 3.

If you look at my set-up there is maybe 3 inches of sit back at most, hardly critical.

And a Vt is the best at making small adjust imo I can make minute adjustments with my thumb and forefinger with my full weight on the line real easy.

I think a lot of it comes down to climbing style, there are still many climbers out there far better than me on a prussik, but the VT just suits my way of climbing.