Am i mad?????

samtheman365

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve, I run my 1x37 on a john deere at 1000rpm on a 540 pto shaft. There is a lever in the cab to enable me to use it like that and when i engage the pto, i run the engine at approx 1150 revs and that gives me 540 pto speed. The fuel guage hardly ever moves.

Samtheman, you are mad, but good luck and join the club:thumbup:

Hi woodworm is yours a nice new jd or an old clapper like mine 1979. Where should I look for the lever, I dare not pull to many in case I go through the roof james bond styleeeeeee.

well barnsley bob

i like to think im 2 months early NOT 10 months too late!!!!!!

I feel a kiln building project coming on

If your cord wood is not to large and has been cut 18 months you may just get away with it if your quick and log it ( but I never said that )

If its wet tell the customer, some have a year or so supply already

Hi woodworm is yours a nice new jd or an old clapper like mine 1979. Where should I look for the lever, I dare not pull to many in case I go through the roof james bond styleeeeeee.

Its a John deere 6400 bowt 7 years old fella. Dont think yours will have the little lever unfortunately for you.

Internationals 784,785 something like that, cheap parts, lots of dealers still up and down country, easy to use. or any little tractor of similar ilk.

Always be honest with customers, weve found is the best policy and theyll thank you for it, (although some people weve dealt with arent honest back but heyho its a funny old world and dont give them another thought - lifes too short)

it is a competative market place at the moment with tree work and firewood selling - but if youve got a good product with a good service and a friendly face thats prepared to give advice to customers and a smile youll soon get your good name and reputation about.

Competition has never been a concern of ours as I always think competition is healthy it keeps you on your toes and offers the customer a choice!

pricing - difficult - try and find out what your nearest other sellers are selling logs for and price accordingly - never undercut, as i think if they are selling at that price, theyve worked it out that thats where there is a good margin in it. it may also dont rub people up the wrong way undercutting - make friends going up you might need them when your on your way down.

Weve been at this business 10 years and Id like to think we are fair and honest with eveyone and we have a pretty good name about ( I hope!)

as many people have posted - word of mouth is your best advert.

it may be that to get to where you want to be instead of offering cheap logs offer to deliver weekends or evenings with a 48hr delivery service as an incentive to get work without upsetting any rivals etc

all the best

Them log people in Staffs.