Elephant trunk harness

Steve Bullman

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have lower back problems, it is all muscular. 2 big tight muscles right at the base, i bet its from holding onto hedge cutters for years at stupid angles for thousands of hours. this looks good for the right job, but i dont like that style of hedge cutter, i favour the single sided ones, much easier on your back and arms i think

I think you can get something like your description on ebay. From what I can remember, it was used by police or prison warden to secure bunches of keys - so it would support a handsaw, and not be too cumbersome. Might be worth a search?:001_huh:

I will do, thanks a lot. :thumbup1:

silkies are nasty enough with out attaching a bungy zip cord to it i reckon lol

Try telling that to the groundie it inevitably falls on ;) I wouldn't just drop it though, it'd return it near enough to the yo-yo thing and just let go, there are times when you really, really don't want to be trying to aim your silky back into your sheath.

I have a sawpod, they're great =) I left it on while chipping though and i stood on the wrong side of the chipper exhaust to adjust the chute and burnt most of the strap away :cussing:

^ I've been after one of those, maybe a bit smaller, to attach my silky to my sheath to stop me dropping it all the time. Not the whole frame obviously, just the yo-yo attachment. I got the idea from my girlfriend's yo-yo ID tag holder thing.

speak to nod/treeworker...he used to sell them, probably still does as far as i know

Cheers. Yeah I've been looking around but they either look too fragile or don't extend far enough. Seeing I'll probably have my sawpod on and reaching to a branch above my head will be a good 2 meters. Someone I know uses a spiral boogieboard cord which seems to do the job.

There are times when sawpods make the silky fall out more often, because it can actually be turned upside down, unlike when it's suspended from your harness when it's (almost) always the right way up, but I still love it, one for the cool factor and two it keeps it away from your harness. :001_cool:

Edited by Ben90