Hell of an echo in here...

TimberCutterDartmoor

One other thought...

The CS 6xx owners, on here, do you use rapeseed/bio oil for the chain? The Echo specs state that the oiler is "clutch-driven" presumably meaning oil is pumped only while the chain is moving. I wonder what that means for adjusting the oiler for a less viscous lubricant.

Have run veg in my 600 from day one - no issues. Very good generous oiler on it; unlike the latest Stihls :001_rolleyes:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TCD, what's the best price going for an Echo 610, and from where? I run 2x 034s at the moment, it would be a like for like swap power wise.

Fitheach- Stihl chainsaws oil off the clutch also- that's what the little notch on the clutch cover is for, it drives the pump.

Here! :-)

Echo CS610 Petrol Chainsaw

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

Seriously tempted by the Echo Cs-270wes, looks like a usefull tool for small stuff/snedding by the chipper! I prefur Stihl but an being swayed towards Echo, they seem like good machines and very good prices! Also put off of Stihl now because of their new sales policy, my local Stihl dealer is a rip off!

The 270WES doesn't appear to be a current model.

The 280WES is unbelievably light as it's a rear handle model of their tiny topper.

I was quoted £249 for it. Trouble is it's only 0.9KW. A Stihl 181 at 1.5KW and £200 will outpace easily unfortunately.

Seriously light though, and quality seemed good.

The 270WES doesn't appear to be a current model.

The 280WES is unbelievably light as it's a rear handle model of their tiny topper.

I was quoted £249 for it. Trouble is it's only 0.9KW. A Stihl 181 at 1.5KW and £200 will outpace easily unfortunately.

Seriously light though, and quality seemed good.

Yeah, it seems I was thinking bout the 280! It is only a little saw and like you say its not that powerfull but I like the idea of having a small, light saw for small jobs. My current MS260 is sometimes abit overkill, so looking for something between a silky and the 260, I like the look of the MS150 but not at the price they want for it!

Thanks for the link. How do you reckon it will hold it's value compared to a Stihl? It's pretty much the same money, if Stihl made the 341 still that's about what it would cost.

An echo is like a Toyota Avensis vs Stihl and Husq being the BMW and Volvo.

The avensis is actually the better car; not as much soul or image but better engineered. Despite this, the image means poor residuals compared to the big leaguers... best analogy imo