Fueling the Invasion

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tis indeed, a 1944 Inglis model, unfortunately a de-ac. If you really want one, go to something like War and Peace in the summer, take cash and buy at the end of the day :thumbup1:

I dont really want one.......i think that i have seen enough guns in my time in coventry:thumbdown: to make me wish they were all at the bottom of the sea.:001_smile:

I have it as a piece of history. My dad can remember using them on National Service in his youth, as can his older brother who was just old enough to serve at the end of WW2. When it comes down to it, a gun is a tool just like a saw and the only problem comes about with the individual using it.

I have it as a piece of history. My dad can remember using them on National Service in his youth, as can his older brother who was just old enough to serve at the end of WW2. When it comes down to it, a gun is a tool just like a saw and the only problem comes about with the individual using it.

Quite agree mate, and am NOT putting ANYONE down for guns, just not my bag......like you say, a tool......in the right hands useful(ish) and in the wrong hands, gangster:thumbdown:

• 3 years later...

Missed a great shot today (photo, not rifle) when taking a picture of this Inonotus hispidus decay/habitat.

Just after I clicked, a flourescent green head peered out looked at me as if to say Oi!

then flew off before I could get the shot :001_rolleyes:

There was another one in there but it was camera shy.

IMG_2054.jpg.6af64e6b070bbf0245bf74388a7f6d37.jpg

IMG_2053.jpg.fabbb1b3c8b7de0af69d919724e568f3.jpg

My understanding is that it has to be 'proved' to be either;

causing significant damage to crops

having a significant, negative impact on native wildlife

or raising issues affecting public health and safety

I don't think control under a 'general license' would be lawful, the above has to be satisfied and under the restrictions of a 'special license'

Not that I particularly agree with the above.