Makita chainsaw dcs7901

jamesmerriman7

Great find :thumbup::thumbup:

How's your saw going :thumbup::thumbup:

Theres a few on ebay too.... i just searched "Makita 7901 piston and cylinder for sale UK". I might get one seeing they are easy gotten... then store it for the future just in case.

The 6401 is brilliant thanks :thumbup: dont quite have enough work for it to justify buying new (knew that before i got it though) but i HAD to have it :biggrin: still sorry i couldnt do you a sale on a Dolly but i knew it was unfair to get you to compete on that price mate.

No farther on with the old 6800i... been pretty busy and its got pushed well down the 'to do' list. I will get there, eventually.

Theres a few on ebay too.... i just searched "Makita 7901 piston and cylinder for sale UK". I might get one seeing they are easy gotten... then store it for the future just in case.

The 6401 is brilliant thanks :thumbup: dont quite have enough work for it to justify buying new (knew that before i got it though) but i HAD to have it :biggrin: still sorry i couldnt do you a sale on a Dolly but i knew it was unfair to get you to compete on that price mate.

No farther on with the old 6800i... been pretty busy and its got pushed well down the 'to do' list. I will get there, eventually.

I bought several lots of old stock parts and not one 46mm piston or cylinder in site I've been thinking about your 6800i :thumbup:::thumbup:

Always worries me when people just stick another P&C on their machine and hope for the best:001_rolleyes:

If you are 100% sure why the old top end failed then great, go ahead, all should be OK

If you are not sure why it failed, chances are that you will create a nice finned aluminium ash tray very shortly plus a smaller one crafted out of an up turned piston:thumbdown:

If the saw has failed for reasons unknown, the saw should have a leak-down test and a fuel system inspection - it is what I do and have close to 100% success rate!

• 3 months later...

Hi all, been looking through older posts and came by this one. I am still in the dark re. Makita/Dolmar piston sizes. I just bought a 7900 with problems...can't decipher the millimetres....is it 50mm for 6400, 52 for 7300 and 54 for 7900?

James did you find what you were after? I have a couple of old cylinders and trashed pistons from these saws if any good to you, sometimes alternate combos work if you're really stuck (I'm in Pembs also).

Has anybody found a uk supplier for the aftermarket heavy duty air filter kit for these saws?