Regular or Premium Petrol

sawsaw

It was suggested in an earlier post that a fuel stabilizer greatly increases the life of regular fuel. This was a new one for me but having done some research on this and read reviews the the shelf life of the fuel increases to 2-3 years and it also appears to negate many of the negative effects of ethanol. It has received some very positive reviews. I have no experience of using either stabilizer or aspen so difficult for me to compare but worth a look imho.

I think its a case that a few years ago the high octane fuels had less ethanol, but i believe that it is now not true.

But fuel companies are very vague with their specs, and only legally have to label pumps that have over 10%

We used methanol because it was high octane, so I don't see why ethanol would lower the octane rating.

What is the octane for aspen 4?

We used methanol because it was high octane, so I don't see why ethanol would lower the octane rating.

Alkylate fuel has a rating of 95 RON and 92 MON . where as petrol has a rating of 95 RON and 92 MON . The alkylate fuel having a greater knock resistance . ( I looked this up ) :001_smile:

Alkylate fuel has a rating of 95 RON and 92 MON . where as petrol has a rating of 95 RON and 92 MON . The alkylate fuel having a greater knock resistance . ( I looked this up ) :001_smile:

Them numbers are both the same?? I thought RON was resistance to detonation (Knock). Insignificant in a 2t engine as they have low CR ratios.

I'm sure those JAP grass track engines were over 10:1 and needed methanol.

Maybe a slight misunderstanding of my illiterate ramblings has occurred here:blushing:

I was not implying that the addition of ethanol would decrease the octane rating. In fact ethanol is a cheap octane booster so the opposite would be true.

What I am trying to do is find documented evidence to support the general belief that the higher octane petrols contain less, or no ethanol.

I personally believe that all road fuels now contain 5% min ethanol, whatever area of the country but can find no data to support this.

And, Stubby is almost right, he just typed it wrong! Aspen is 95 RON, 92MON, but regular unleaded is also 95RON but only 85MON,

So really very similar in most respects, but with Aspen having the edge on the MON scale, so, just as Stubby says, a little more resistant to knock.

Maybe a slight misunderstanding of my illiterate ramblings has occurred here:blushing:

I was not implying that the addition of ethanol would decrease the octane rating. In fact ethanol is a cheap octane booster so the opposite would be true.

What I am trying to do is find documented evidence to support the general belief that the higher octane petrols contain less, or no ethanol.

I personally believe that all road fuels now contain 5% min ethanol, whatever area of the country but can find no data to support this.

And, Stubby is almost right, he just typed it wrong! Aspen is 95 RON, 92MON, but regular unleaded is also 95RON but only 85MON,

So really very similar in most respects, but with Aspen having the edge on the MON scale, so, just as Stubby says, a little more resistant to knock.

Understood Barrie.

What are the price breaks on Aspen 2 collected from you?

I don't think I'll use it regularly but intend to store machines with it.

Understood Barrie.

What are the price breaks on Aspen 2 collected from you?

I don't think I'll use it regularly but intend to store machines with it.

I am glad you understand, I am not sure I do!

Surrey is a long way from here for collection! But if you want to collect then the price breaks are the same as for delivered.

I offer 1-8 cans at RRP (£18.98 for 5litres) (Delivery @ £24.00 inc vat, minimum 3 cans)

9-53 cans at 5% discount ( delivery £24.00 inc vat)

54 cans at 10% discount plus free delivery.

These are our prices, other dealers may differ.

Edited by GardenKit
Prices for 2 stroke, 4T is £18.49 per 5l