Payload question

Thesnarlingbadger

Just found this on the gov. Website. It seems I would be exempt as I would not be hitting the 7.5t mark and I wouldn't be travelling more than 100km of my yard. These are a list of exemptions and we fall under the top one I would say. Hope this sheds some light on things for people. It is to do with the fact that we are not carrying goods and just tools to work with. Also because we are not driving as the main part of our job is a factor. ImageUploadedByArbtalk1449694971.788023.jpg.b63123832af4bada103251966fa74fdd.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any vehicle over 3500kg. For this "vehicle" includes the trailer weight.

However some uses are exempt.

There are lots of threads on here already so after you have looked them up if you have any specific questions ask away.

needs the instrument panel electronics overhauled

My 04 plate instrument panel was a bit dodgy 4 years ago when I bought it - digital time clock flickering, then recently the whole cluster stopped working, speedo, revs all of it.

I searched on transit owners forum and a common fix that 'works 50% of the time' is to remove trim and instrument cluster, e.g. per Haynes manual, then spray back of PCB with electrical contact cleaner. I did this and maybe used too much so dabbed it off with tissue, re- assembled, plugged it back in and it is all working now.

From the above item - 5th exemption.

They seem to have missed the "and under 100km radius" from that exemption.

So you might be exempt if the driver uses the digger onsite or is the owner or employee of the owner of the digger & is hiring it to some one & your are within 100km of your main base.

They seem to have missed the "and under 100km radius" from that exemption.

So you might be exempt if the driver uses the digger onsite or is the owner or employee of the owner of the digger & is hiring it to some one & your are within 100km of your main base.

Either way this wasn't my prior understanding. I thought once you got into vehicles of over 3.5t gvw (excluding agri tractors) it was tachograph required.