Log splitting

RexPayne

Just been asked to split a few loads of seasoned logs for a customer. At the bottom of a long garden apparently. Not something I normally do. And I don't have a splitter - log everything by hand at the yard (keeps me out of mischief and save having to buy gym membership). My question is what sort of price can you charge for splitting logs? Surely can't be much. Would it be worth me borrowing a splitter and taking the job on? Anyone do much splitting? Cheers

So many variables, such as type of wood, is it full of metal, do they want them cut and split into 4inch pieces, have you got to barrow them up a hill etc. Logs by hand is hard graft and you could easily do 5l of fuel and a couple of litres of oil, not to mention a chain if it full of metal. Also area of the country can play a part but as rule down here i would think £130 - £160 per day is where I would aim to be. Best to have a look and give them a price based on how long you think it will take and your associated costs taken into account