Piranha Chainsaw Chain - Press Release

Steve Bullman

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I contacted them via ebay today asking if the 3/8 058 chain is going to be made available on there (also reminded them about this thread as they have stopped posting on it). If they do put the 058 on ebay at similar prices to the 063 then I will be getting a couple of chains, not paying the website price though.

I also contacted them via ebay regarding 3/8 058 chain & there reply was that they will make me a couple of chains & to follow the link they had supplied,following the link it took me to an ebay ad for a Husky chain but with a 063 gauge so I gave them a ring & they assured me that buying that chain I would receive the right one "058".

Anyway I purchased the two chains for £14.19.

Quick comparison pic here, the top one is the piranha chain, next is the Oregon 91 and bottom is the stihl picco super. The piranha is a wider gauge chain as the other two are for the 540.

Seems a decent enough chain, hopefully it cuts well for just £6!

[ATTACH]197975[/ATTACH][ATTACH]197976[/ATTACH]

Nice one.... according to your photo the depth gauges don't seem so bad.

What saw are you running the Piranha on?

Will be interesting to hear if it's a bit too aggressive or not.... and ultimately, will it stand the test of being sharpened to the max and not snap? :dontknow:

I've been told that cheap chains snap...

cheers, steve

... and ultimately, will it stand the test of being sharpened to the max and not snap? :dontknow:

I've been told that cheap chains snap...

Some cheap chains are made up by inexperienced people who don't join them properly leaving a weak point hence the reason they snap. I imagine Northern Arb have made up enough chains over the years to know how to do it properly.

Some cheap chains are made up by inexperienced people who don't join them properly leaving a weak point hence the reason they snap. I imagine Northern Arb have made up enough chains over the years to know how to do it properly.

Yeah that's a fair point.... will be good to hear how the user reviews go.

cheers, Steve