Piranha Chainsaw Chain - Press Release

Steve Bullman

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone tried these on bigger saws yet? Need some chains for my husky 365 and 550xp and they are £14.19 for two delivered on ebay

Not tried them yet. Although they do now stock chains in the sizes I require ordering through the website where vat & delivery is added on it works out almost as much as oregon chain from my local dealer & more expensive than making loops up myself. The chains listed on ebay are about half the price & would actually offer a saving but they don't currently list sizes I require.

If they put some loops of 058 gauge in larger sizes on ebay rather than just 063 I would try them or if they start offering full reels at sensible prices I could just buy a reel or 2 & make the loops up myself.

The price difference on ebay seems to relate to buying multiple chains, buying 2,3 or 4 chains works out much cheaper than buying a single chain this discount does not appear on the website. Also the piranha guide bars are on ebay but not on the site.

I did notice there were 24" 84 link Piranha chains for Husqvarna on ebay so assumed I had found something suitable for my echo but when I read the details they were 063 gauge rather than the 058 typically run on a 24" husky bar. I hope people are reading the details on ebay before buying rather than just assuming they will fit because it says it fits a particular model.

The price difference on ebay seems to relate to buying multiple chains, buying 2,3 or 4 chains works out much cheaper than buying a single chain this discount does not appear on the website. Also the piranha guide bars are on ebay but not on the site.

I did notice there were 24" 84 link Piranha chains for Husqvarna on ebay so assumed I had found something suitable for my echo but when I read the details they were 063 gauge rather than the 058 typically run on a 24" husky bar. I hope people are reading the details on ebay before buying rather than just assuming they will fit because it says it fits a particular model.

Had an email yesterday from Northern Arb supplies stating that they now supply all chains for 3/8" & 325"......I also need one for an Echo 620 which is 058 gauge rather than 063.

Had an email yesterday from Northern Arb supplies stating that they now supply all chains for 3/8" & 325"......I also need one for an Echo 620 which is 058 gauge rather than 063.

They are available on the website if you want one clearly marked as C2SFT chain:

1.5mm (.058") Gauge Chains - Northern ARB Supplies

However they are not listed on ebay where the same chains are sold at considerably better prices.