Vibration white finger.

Floatlikeabutterfly

Is it a particular saw or just power tools in general, if it's a particular saw then how old is the saw cos if it's getting on a bit and done a fare bit of work then I'd suggest that the main bearings or big end may possibly be on the way out which would cause an increase in vibration, other causes of vibration could be the need for a service or the carb may need tuning as a poor carb set up will cause poor running/performance and increased vibration !...

Get it checked out if it is chronic then they can operate ,I used to suffer with chronic carpel tunnel some where in the forum I posted about it ages ago ,I used to wake up with numb hand fingers tingling also pain I ended up after years of suffering going to the doctors who referred me for nerve conduction tests which proved it was carpel tunnel I was a little unsure as if the op would be of help but I am so glad I went through with it the only pain I get these days is minimal pillar pain which is a side affect of the procedure but even that feels to be improving over time my grip is as good as ever and no more numb painful tingling in the night or mornings .

See the doc,sounds like CTS to me.

Monitor your time on vibrating tools,reduce as nessesary,wear anti vibe gloves-gel ones are best apparently.At night you could wear a splint-kinda like a black velcro strapping on your hand to prevent your tingling.Splints are available on amazon fir couple of £'s.

My concern is the numbness and tingling is in my middle ring and little fingers on both hands. I will head to the doctor.

Like a couple of the others have said, sounds like CTS. If you find you have dead fingers, or hands, during the night and they get progressively more difficult to "wake up" I'd suggest it is. CTS stretches may help until you get tested and diagnosed.

Do the tips of your fingers turn white, (hence white finger) in cold weather or even in cold water, or when swimming in the sea and when they're warming up feel like someone's cracked a hammer on them - that's white finger. In my case years of ringing up with big non-av saws caused it. Just got to live with it now and keep hands warm.

I suppose tinglings were first sign - too late now.

FLB - You don't give much info on how much cutting you do or saw type etc. I suspect it is a combination of both vibration and possibly a personal health characteristic - such as a predisposition or onset of a muscular skeletal condition. For example it might be a form of arthritis or one of the tendon/ ligament issues above. It might also be completely unrelated to working but manifests itself as a result of aggravation at work.

Sorry to say it might also be related to diet, computer use or ..... well you get the point. I'd be asking the GP for some help to diagnose and then treat. Personally I wouldn't want the prescription policy - anti inflams for life - no thanks, so its worth trying to narrow things down properly. HSE do loads of free stuff on VWF but general web searching and self diagnoses is usually just delaying the start of a proper look at what is causing it.

In terms of handle grip ty a few things - I use foam grip widener on my bike - works fine and stopped the end of journey tingles.