Insurance Insurance Insurance

Littletree

My thoughts on PL are to do with public injury more than property damage.

I would not like to injury a member of the public through my actions and them not to receive fair compensation.

I know on a small job job this might seem near impossible but I remember yonks ago a firm I was working for subbed in a ground crew to chip loads of stuff. Now they just blasted through, the chip was being left on site, and didnt think about where the chip was flying as they moved the tracked chipper about the garden. Chip flew everywhere across road past pedestrians and actually battered a few people that thank god ignored it except one that made us aware of what was going on.

Thankfully no one was injured but I would hate to think that if anyone did they would have to sue me and get feck all.

I dunno if am even making a point/statement/argument or even relevant opinion(can never get point across sometimes), but I am sure you know what I mean :001_cool:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rupe, you may be working in a back garden, but you often have to cross a foot path or the like, with with the arisings.

Their are people out their that are looking for a chance to make a claim. You leave a twig on the floor, they throw themselves down next to it, bingo your screwed.

Having had a claim against myself, for something that was not my fault, I am very glad I have ALWAYS had insurance.

I am not prepared to allow a fraudster to take away every thing I have worked for.

Sure, I'm all for it for tree work companies. I would still like to hear what Eastwater's work plans are, then mayeb we can help advise more specifically to her needs.

If theres a chance that the plan is to work part time for other companies whilst gainign experience then you all know what I'm going to say about insurance?!

:barry grainger , ive just done mine at 450 per year , no height ristrictions and 5 million pl:thumbup: really helpful over the phone

Hi I gave Barry grainger a ring and they were very helpful I got a couple of quotes the first was for 1 million was 208 per year no hight restriction on the hight of tree coming down but no climbing over 5m . then they gave me a quote for 500m this came to over 300 with the same conditions . This rises when you need to add in the rope access part . At the moment I don't need insurance for the rope access part as at this stage feet only on the ground .

Now the choice is between 1 & 5 million ?. What do you think ? for me it will be for small jobs gardening strimming and some low level work with the saws Clarence ect .

Thanks eastwater:biggrin: