Arb Assoc'-

Bundle 2

hi bundel

i hae just cheaked and what i posted was correct, some one has mentioned national grading for qualifications already and the awarding body only achived a level 2 on that award.

all this stuff is what the new NQF should make clearer, well see.

very sorry to hear that you were unable to attain your desired membership grade. good luck with ICF

kev

• 3 months later...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I did the Tech Cert, I asked for model answers and marking instructions for past papers, they didnt have any and said there wasn't any available. Is this the sign of a mickey mouse qualification? Yes, in my opinion.

It is this kind of comment that we could all do without, there will not only be many people who worked hard for that cert, but also remember that is an entry level qualification and a very very good solid grounding in my opinion.

when i say entry level i mean after basic stuff.

Mickey mouse it is not, and thats a bit unfair to suggest, and is not at all constructive in my opinion.

so thumbs down to you sir!

:001_tongue:Ouch!

Just a query -If I studied at Otago Polytechnic (Dunedin) NZ and recieved a Certificate Arb Level 4 in 2007 would this even be relevant here in the U.K or is the system so mismanaged that none of my training is worth the paper it's written on?

:confused1:

Dont worry about Tim...he's nothing if not left of centre.

Unfortunately the govt has seen fit to instigate a re-arrangement of the qualificatiions framework. Poor timing (imo ) Its precisely during a recession that I wanted to further my professional abilities...but they are making such a hash of things....I dont mean specifically, perhaps in a more despairing " wtf" kind of a way....this govt couldnt find its collective arse with a map, two hands and a flashlight!

Lets hope its worth waiting for the new framework to emerge. We can wave ta ta to being pished around and finally have a yardstick from which to measure s*** from stick...employers and students alike.

On such, there is a consultation of sorts to which those who feel they are qualified ( PD holders then I guess) are welcome,look up Treelife.....

This is an opportunity to help influence those modules that are condoned and endorsed, by the industry, employers alike.

What really gets me about all these qualifications & this mentality of this qual is better than that etc etc

its very easy to say what we should do !!!! , but do those who preach actually have a practical ability to stand there saying it... is it a case of too much thinking with not so much doing ?