Husky 365 or Dolmar 6100

huskydusky

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What will be the normal size of wood you're sawing HuskyDusky?

I'm ripping through trunk sections of Oak that are 18-24" at the moment with my Stihl MS391 on a 16" bar, no sweat.

Most of what I cut is smaller, and softer. If you're whizzing through 10-12" logs on a sawhorse then you'll find a 60+cc saw a bit of a lump.

Bearing in mind you'll be doing this:

Start saw, leave to warm up

Pick up log, position in sawhorse.

Back to saw, pick up, knock of chainbrake, start cutting.done.

Engage chain brake, bend over and put saw on the ground.

Pick up sawn logs from working area and pile up out of the way.

Repeat.

This becomes an enormous pain in the arse if your snipping through twigs with a monster.

You'll end up with 9 saws so just buy one and move up/down from there.

My point exactly !...:thumbup1:

What will be the normal size of wood you're sawing HuskyDusky?

I'm ripping through trunk sections of Oak that are 18-24" at the moment with my Stihl MS391 on a 16" bar, no sweat.

Most of what I cut is smaller, and softer. If you're whizzing through 10-12" logs on a sawhorse then you'll find a 60+cc saw a bit of a lump.

Think that depends on your physique, 365 is fine for me - the smaller stuff I cut in a bundle.

The more I use it, the lighter it gets :001_smile:

N

Think that depends on your physique, 365 is fine for me - the smaller stuff I cut in a bundle.

The more I use it, the lighter it gets :001_smile:

N

Im not claiming to be Charles Atlas but I'm not some puny little runt either. I'm the wrong side of 95kg dripping wet. :blushing:

Maybe my muscles aren't as conditioned in my buttocks and lower back as yours since my normal activities are more sedentary? I'll leave it there..:sneaky2:

It don't struggle at the time, it just feels more of a chore, and I ache like a bastard the next day lol.

Im not claiming to be Charles Atlas but I'm not some puny little runt either. I'm the wrong side of 95kg dripping wet. :blushing:

Maybe my muscles aren't as conditioned in my buttocks and lower back as yours since my normal activities are more sedentary? I'll leave it there..:sneaky2:

It don't struggle at the time, it just feels more of a chore, and I ache like a bastard the next day lol.

I'm the wrong side of 95kg bone dry!

Just as a side note, the 390/391 are the same size and around the same weight as the original 365, the current one being a few cc more, but converts easily to a 372.

I have a husky 362xp, it's the same crankcase but small bar mounts, I'll be using that very soon to destroy trees on a daily basis.

At the end of the day, it's all down to how big a bar the OP wants to be able to run, and if he minds an extra kilo or 2.

I'm the wrong side of 95kg bone dry!

Just as a side note, the 390/391 are the same size and around the same weight as the original 365, the current one being a few cc more, but converts easily to a 372.

I have a husky 362xp, it's the same crankcase but small bar mounts, I'll be using that very soon to destroy trees on a daily basis.

At the end of the day, it's all down to how big a bar the OP wants to be able to run, and if he minds an extra kilo or 2.

Eddy husky dusky wants an 18" bar for his usage at the moment :thumbup:

Eddy husky dusky wants an 18" bar for his usage at the moment :thumbup:

Bugger, that I suppose is a standard size for both, I guess the 6100 also runs 3/8 chain? Max rpm around 13.5krpm? I suppose it literally hinges on whether the OP is likely to be doing work to warrant a smaller or larger bar!

Out of interest, what's the mount pattern of the 6100? K095 or D009?

Bugger, that I suppose is a standard size for both, I guess the 6100 also runs 3/8 chain? Max rpm around 13.5krpm? I suppose it literally hinges on whether the OP is likely to be doing work to warrant a smaller or larger bar!

Out of interest, what's the mount pattern of the 6100? K095 or D009?

Yes ithe same 13.5krpm and ia K095 bar mount and 3/8 18" is standard issue

I was quite impressed with the compression test on the saw

No wonder they put an easy start system on the saw :thumbup::thumbup:

Yes ithe same 13.5krpm and ia K095 bar mount and 3/8 18" is standard issue

I was quite impressed with the compression test on the saw

No wonder they put an easy start system on the saw :thumbup::thumbup:

Yes, compression reading was very good! Wonder what it would be with a liquid base! With rpm that low for a 60cc it must pull like an old Stihl! Pity 24" in K095 is so damn hard to find in the UK!